Seoul IDRC V-Hearing Guide
The Seoul Protocol offers a standard set of rules that counsels and arbitrators may use for guidance on how to address some of the logistical challenges presented by remote hearings.
The Seoul Protocol was first introduced at the Asia Pacific ADR Conference in 2018, KCAB’s major international event, and the final version was released in March, 2020.
Please click [ here ] for further information on the Seoul Protocol.Seoul Protocol Download
- Preparatory Arrangements
- Required Equipment
- Test Conferencing
- Actual V-Hearing
1. Preparatory Arrangements
- The Parties should make the request to the Tribunal to use video conferencing facilities, at least 7 days before the commencement of the hearing.
- The Parties should liase with Seoul IDRC Secretariat to ensure the video conferencing can be conducted smoothly.
- Booking video conferencing facilities
- Choosing day and hour and applicable time zone: hourly / 1 day (8 hours)
- Places where a video conference front-end is required
- Who shall participate and number of persons at each front-end
- Sharing contact information of all participants who is in charge of the video conferencing arrangement
- Who shall bear the costs of video conferencing arranged by Seoul IDRC
- Seating allocations
- A backup plan
- Special requirements, such as visualization of documents
- Any other requirements (recording, interpretation, etc.)
* To request the use of video conferencing facilities, please complete and submit the V-Hearing booking form.Click here
Download V-Hearing booking form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Required Equipment
- Necessary Equipment: IP-based Video Conferencing Equipment and/or Laptop (Web-based), Video Cameras with remote controller, HD Screen, Microphones, Sound Amplifier, Ethernet or Wireless Internet Connection, etc. *For more detailed technical specification of each equipment, please refer to the Annex 1 of the Seoul Protocol.
- Backup items: Cable Back-ups, Teleconferencing equipment, etc.
3. Test Conferencing
Full testing of proper functioning of all video conference equipment is conducted at least twice (2)
- in advance of the commencement of the hearing
- immediately prior to the video conference
4. Actual V-Hearing
- For online video conferencing, to obtain a more stable connection we recommend to use wired routers for internet connection. For wireless internet connection, please kindly check network connectivity in advance.
Please click [here] for a quick internet speed test.